Hilton to quadruple its portfolio in Saudi Arabia
Hilton expects to quadruple its portfolio in the Kingdom throughout the next five years to more than 50 hotels, with a total of 16,000 rooms open across the Kingdom.
Hilton, which currently operates five of its brands in Saudi Arabia – Waldorf Astoria, Conrad, Hilton Hotels & Resorts, DoubleTree by Hilton and Hilton Garden Inn – continues to grow and develop and introduce new brands to the country, including its lifestyle brand, Canopy by Hilton, and its Embassy Suites by Hilton brand.
Hilton signed the following hotels in Saudi Arabia in 2019:
- Embassy Suites by Hilton Jeddah Sari Street 173 rooms
- DoubleTree by Hilton Madinah Gate 300 rooms
- DoubleTree by Hilton Abha Al Mahalah Residences 140 rooms
- Hilton Garden Inn Riyadh King Fahd Road 149 rooms
- Waldorf Astoria The Avenues – Riyadh 350 rooms
- Conrad Riyadh The Avenues – Riyadh 400 rooms
- Canopy by Hilton The Avenues – Riyadh 150 rooms
- Hilton Garden Inn The Avenues – Riyadh 500 rooms
- Doubletree by Hilton Abha Al Marooj 156 rooms
In addition to signing nine new hotels in Saudi Arabia in 2019, Hilton also opned two new hotels, DoubleTree by Hilton Makkah Jabal Omar and Hilton Garden Inn Al Jubail. As Hilton continues to grow and develop in the country it is committed to creating career opportunities for Saudi nationals working in the travel and tourism industry.
Hilton’s hotels in Saudi Arabia currently employ approximately 2,500 people across its 14 properties and expects to employ some 7,500 Team Members as it opens its pipeline of 40 hotels throughout the next five years.