Retail conglomerate Apparel Group, franchise owner of TOMS Middle East is set to tap into the metaverse with the grand launch of limited-edition TOMS Shoe NFTs
TOMS will launch 10 limited-edition NFTs inspired by its milestones since 2006 when it launched the iconic Alpargatas. The limited-edition TOMS NFT collection will be available on OpenSea.io from December 16th. The proceeds from the sales will go to TOMS’ impact partner, International Medical Corps, with whom the leading footwear brand has enhanced the lives of millions across the globe since 2013.
The 10 NFTs have been created to showcase key moments in TOMS history and will be featuring the TOMS classic Alpargata – the shoe that started it all. The designs are inspired by the below TOMS milestones:
- In 2006, TOMS launched the Alpargata in four colours: black, navy, red, and ash grey.
- In 2010, TOMS celebrated 1 million pairs of shoes given.
- In 2018, TOMS became a Certified B Corporation. In 2020, TOMS launched the first Repreve collection, with recycled polyester and plant-dyed canvas styles from botanical pigments.
- In 2020, TOMS celebrated 100 million pairs of shoes given.
- In 2022, TOMS revamped the iconic Alpargata by modernizing its silhouette and adopting new fabrics.