Published On: Tue, Oct 28th, 2014

QAPCO Teams with IBM and SAP to Drive Innovation and Growth

QAPCO Teams with IBM and SAP to Drive Innovation and Growth

QAPCO Teams with IBM and SAP to Drive Innovation and Growth

Qatar Petrochemical Company (QAPCO) has signed a strategic relationship agreement with both IBM (NYSE:IBM) and SAP (NYSE: SAP) for the development and implementation of an innovative enterprise resource planning (ERP) platform that will improve the company’s overall performance.

“This collaboration with SAP and IBM will enhance our processes and operational performance, while empowering QAPCO to deliver long-term, sustainable value to all its stakeholders,” QAPCO Vice Chairman and CEO Dr. Mohammed Yousef Al Mulla said. “We believe the implementation of these technology solutions will translate into significant efficiency gains and strengthen our competitive advantage, ensuring we are well equipped to pursue our innovation drive and growth aspirations.” SAP’s innovative ERP software solutions will provide QAPCO with a cutting-edge platform that will enhance the company’s operational performance and increase business efficiencies by allowing for more streamlined processes across procurement, manufacturing, service, finance, and HR.

“After forty years in operation, QAPCO is a regional petrochemical powerhouse and a vital contributor to Qatar’s ongoing economic strength. The company’s success can be attributed to its strong commitment to both its people and processes, and now SAP is helping to bring those two critical assets even closer together, achieving even greater performance now and into the future,” said SAP Gulf Managing Director Gergi Abboud.

IBM will enable QAPCO to make the most of investments in ERP software through business strategy consulting and advisory solutions. IBM’s deep expertise in the Qatar market combined with its successful track record with SAP projects will be pivotal in supporting QAPCO to realize value from the ERP project.

For his part, Amr Refaat, IBM General Manager for the Middle East and Pakistan, said his company will help QAPCO complete this project through a long-term strategy developed by bringing its global practices and a regional services team of experts. “This is a key milestone in IBM’s mission to help realize a future business model for Qatar’s growing petrochemicals industry led by QAPCO that is in line with Qatar’s National Vision 2030.” QAPCO will initially use the ERP technology solution to focus on operations, manufacturing and supply chain, and will place a special emphasis on its health, safety and environment (HSE) performance and processes.

The project will facilitate business decision-making as it will provide integrated information and reporting to QAPCO, as well as delivering additional solutions related to compliance management, business planning, and strategic procurement. The ERP solution will, in turn, significantly improve QAPCO business processes through greater efficiencies and cost reductions.

QAPCO is a Qatar-based company established in 1974 and is a joint venture between Industries Qatar, which controls 80 percent of the company, and Total Petrochemicals, owner of the remaining 20 percent. As the pioneer of petrochemical production in Middle East, QAPCO is one of the largest producers of low density polyethylene (LDPE) in the region besides producing ethylene, sulphur and other petrochemical products. QAPCO is involved in a number of joint ventures that include QATOFIN, QVC, and QPPC, making QAPCO a regional petrochemical powerhouse.

LDPE is considered as the most widely used type of plastic, offering innovative solutions and applications such as food packaging, agricultural films, toys, cables and playing a key role in the development of green building solutions. LDPE enriches our everyday life, making it more practical, safer, lighter and better.

Source : Qatar News Agency

About the Author

Web Development CompanyTechyPros