Published On: Thu, Nov 20th, 2014

Hamed bin Zayed opens AED 1.3 bn Al Ain Cement Factory

Al Ain Cement Factory at Sanaiya District

Al Ain Cement Factory at Sanaiya District

H.H. Sheikh Hamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Chief of the Abu Dhabi Crown Prince’s Court, has opened the AED 1.3 billion Al Ain Cement Factory of the Arkan Building Materials Co.

Sheikh Hamed, accompanied by Hussain Jasim Al Nowais, Chairman of the General Holding Corporation (Senaat), and Eng. Suhail Mubarak Al Ameri, Chief Executive Officer of Senaat, and other senior officials, toured the factory and acquainted himself with the latest technology in the production of clinker and cement.

In a statement, Sheikh Hamed said the UAE, led by President His Highness Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan, will move ahead to expand and diversify the industrial sector as part of its policy to diversify sources of national income and ensure sustainable, inclusive development.

He said the support lent by His Highness General Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi and Deputy Supreme Commander of the UAE Armed Forces, to the economy and economic diversification contributed positively towards pushing the agenda of inclusive development.

Al Nowais stated that the factory, the largest in the UAE, will be a value added asset to the national economy and is consistent with Senaat’s strategic plans.

Al Ameri said the factory was designed to fulfil the growing demand for cement and building materials in the UAE and the Gulf region since huge infrastructure and real estate projects have been launched.

He added the factory would ensure leadership in production of cement as it will boost output capacity to four million tons of clinker per year from 900,000, while annual cement production will go up 5.6 million tons from 4.5 million tons.

According to him, the factory will generate many job opportunities in the technical and administrative fields for the Emirati citizens.

Arkan Building Materials Co. is a public joint stock company specialising in manufacturing of building and construction products in the UAE. Established in 2005, Arkan is 51 percent owned by General Holding Corporation (Senaat), an entity wholly owned by the Government of Abu Dhabi to promote sustainable industrial activity in Abu Dhabi, with the remaining 49 percent of shares listed on the Abu Dhabi Securities Market (ADX).

Source : WAM News Agency for United Arab Emirates

About the Author

Web Development CompanyTechyPros